Lancaster, PA 17603
Nursery Address: 678 S Chiques Rd Manheim, PA
Office Address: 2310 Chestnut View Drive Lancaster, PA 17603
|Dedicated to the understanding, preservation, and recovery of the Eastern American forest|
|Home||Events||Links||Am Chestnut||Hickories||Planting||Price List||Ordering||Green Gear|
Welcome to Go Native Tree Farm. We are proud to offer the largest selection of Eastern native woody plant species available anywhere. We have added many new species and have increased our growing capacity. We love native plants here at Go Native Tree Farm. Preserving natives is great for many reasons. For example, less care is needed once established. Some species can up to grow 5' a year and make a shade tree in little time, saving electric, adding property value, and offsetting hundreds of carbon emissions pounds. Go Native Tree Farm is pleased to offer a superior selection of container-grown US eastern native plants for the wholesale and retail customer.
Note: We have an office business address and a nursery / farm location address. You are welcome to visit our native plant nursery located at . To assure best use of your time & ours, we are by appointment only. Please remember to come to the farm if you are coming to get plants! Please contact us at . Email is a preferred method of contact. Please email your plant requests to Gonative@voicenet.com. As this is how we track the quotes and orders. This allows us to track your order in our system and helps assure that you will get the plants when you need them. As always if you're offline, old-fashioned, or on the road, you may pick up the phone and call 717-538-0393 prior to a pickup so that you can ensure that we will be there to help you.
Our Business Model
We have developed a business model that serves as our foundation:
· We seek to offer wholesale and retail customers essentially any and all of the nearly 500 eastern North American native woody plant species. We are just about there! When we started the nursery, many native eastern plants of environmental or landscape value were not available anywhere (and they never were). Many more were extremely difficult to source. We and the industry have come a long way since then. Try us before you tell your customer that they will need to accept major species substitutions. We hope you will be pleasantly surprised. Our principal goal is offer a total solution for your native plant project.
· In addition to being a grower, our top priority is sourcing large and small plant orders for our customers. Often the job calls for specific mixes of species and plant sizes; it is often not reasonable to expect one nursery to have on hand the total best match for a given project. We operate within a plant material supply network in the Mid-Atlantic and northeast US. Our goal is to offer the customer the closest plant material to ideal. We will source and supply the plants, and provide delivery options as well.
· We will work with you to figure out the best way to get the plants to you. Unlike many nurseries, we will ship or deliver plants as appropriate. You can come to the nursery if you are close by.
· We continue to expand our species list, and we support regional native plant sales where you can talk to us and purchase native plants in person. The species list can be found in the "Price List" link; check the "Events" link for details about upcoming shows. Please check back frequently for updates on new plants and events.
· We also offer advice on the best selection for your needs. We invite you to , preferably by email, to receive a free recommendation for a native tree mix. You will need to provide us with information on where you are interested in planting. This should include location, hillside versus bottomland, direction of slope, soil type, and your desired results. We invite you to visit the selection of our native nursery farm-grown trees listed on the product . We also invite you to contact us to locate any native eastern tree or size not listed, and we will locate it for you. We offer quantity discounts for wholesale and large order customers. Please consider to use email first for sending plant wish lists. It helps us both to use a single primary way to track your quotes and orders.
· We offer trees for a variety of applications:
o Naturalization stock for residential lots and recovery projects.
o Conservation and reclamation projects such as the Federal CREP program.
o Specimen trees.
o Orchard stock for fruit and nut producers.
o Landscape plants.
· Some specialty focus areas for us include:
o We have thousands of hickories in propagation; we have developed an affordable approach to volume production of the eastern hickory species (Carya spp.), see the web site section on Hickories for more information. We can offer an affordable license to other growers for the Carya propagation methods and equipment that we have developed.
o We have inventory of pure American chestnuts. We have been propagating Castenea dentata using increasingly blight-resistant, 100% American Chestnut stock. See the web site essay on solutions for American Chestnut for more information. Our mother trees are now up to 40 feet tall and 16 years old.
o Most of our plants are grown in containers. This seems to suit the plants. Quite a few of these species were rarely or never propagated before now.
offer herbaceous native species for wholesale customers.
Most of the trees we grow are started from local native seed sources. We collect these seeds ourselves from plants with good health and seeds. A focus is on native fruit and nut trees, troubled and rare native species, and climax species found in the oak-hickory forest prevalent in the mid-Atlantic region. It can require hundreds of years, if not longer, for nature to regenerate the varied mix of native climax forest trees once present on cleared land. Through our business, it is now possible to immediately restore original forest species.
now accept VISA & Mastercard credit
cards, via phone, fax, mail or in person. Also due to increased request
photos of our plants we have made a Facebook page, featuring some of
popular native trees and shrubs. We will be adding more photos of rare
species. Please visit, like and friend us on our Facebook page.
We are a family-operated small business located in , Pennsylvania. Lancaster County is widely known as the Garden Spot of Pennsylvania, and is famous for its well-kept farms and Amish tradition. We have been in operation since 2001, and we began as a father-son project in an effort to develop a sustainable multi-generation agribusiness to retain our family farm. We are now an established grower. The farm has been family-held since 1937.
John Rosenfeld, PE, owner and co-founder. Being the eldest son, he has strong background in agriculture. Regional woody plant botany specialist, chemistry, R&D, technology business management, and (a bunch of other stuff). He holds an MS in Chemical Engineering from the University of Michigan (1984). John is also active in aerospace and thermal engineering technology development.
Hans Rosenfeld, Nursery Manager and co-founder. Edible native plant connoisseur and wildlife enthusiast. Growing up around the farm he also has some background in agriculture. Hans directs the tree nursery, and is well informed on eastern woody plant species. He coordinates collation and delivery of orders.
Rachel Kling, is our Office Manager. Aside from being able to organize after a hurricane, Rachel tracks all RFQs, quotes, and orders. She has an Associate Degree in Business Administration.We have a great supporting group of people who help make all of this happen. Planting and moving thousands of trees every spring, and again in the fall has its tolls. With out them our backs would have gave out years ago. We are proud to hire locals seasonally, and give back to the community.